The Department of Mathematics at the University of Pittsburgh invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of Mathematical Biology to begin in the fall term of 2022. We seek outstanding candidates with expertise in developing and applying mathematical methods to address biological questions, who will complement and enhance our existing strength in this area. Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
- PhD in Mathematics or another quantitative field
- Substantial research accomplishment
- Evidence of dedication to, and experience in, teaching
- Applicants can apply online at: https://www.join.pitt.edu/ (under Faculty Positions, Keyword search for Mathematical Biology or Mathematics).
- Candidates should submit (a) a cover letter, (b) a CV, (c) a statement of research accomplishments and future plans, (d) a brief description of teaching experience and interests, and (e) a brief description of how your research, teaching or service demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Applicants should also have (f) at least three letters of reference emailed to email@example.com by November 15, 2021
- Any questions about the application process can be directed to Dana Freund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences is committed to building and fostering a culturally diverse environment, so the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in support of a diverse community is essential. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Pittsburgh (Oakland campus) invites applications for the part-time position of Instructor. This position is for a term of one semester, with the possibility of renewal. Responsibilities include teaching one or two courses per semester. Screening will be on a rolling basis.
- Completion of a bachelors degree in mathematics or a closely related field is required prior to the start of appointment.
- Applicants should be qualified to teach the following undergraduate courses in mathematics: College Algebra, Precalculus and Business Calculus
- Applicants must apply by email to email@example.com
- A complete application consists of: (1) curriculum vitae, (2) teaching statement, including a history of courses taught, and (3) one or more letters of reference which address teaching ability.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit any additional material which they believe sheds light on their teaching experience and ability as well as copies of teaching evaluations.
139 University Place, Room 304
Pittsburgh, PA 15206